Viniportugal, wines from Portugal at #LWF19
Viniportugal will be bringing together very different wines that highlights the land of contrasts that is Portugal and its long history of winemaking.
The 33 producers that are coming to the fair will also show how Portugal is not only about tradition but also about innovation. Here are just a few of the wine producers you will be able to find in the stand of Viniportugal.
- Rui Reguinga, a well-established winemaker and founder of Rui Reguinga, Lda. He became a pioneering Portugese winemaker in international consulting thanks to his dedication and profound understanding of the terroirs. His wines have won several gold medals and trophies, but also he one of the judges several times at the prestigious “International Wine Challenge”, “Decanter World Wine Awards”, and “Concours Mondial de Bruxelles”.
- Agri-Roncão Vinícola was founded in 2001 by Domingo Ribeiro. This family owned company has two vineyards, Quinta de Linhares with 16 Ha , located in the Vinho Verde Region and Quinta da Levandeira do Roncão with 45 ha located in the heart of the Douro region, which is the oldest demarcated region of the world, the birthplace of the oldest and most prestigious wine produced in Portugal, Port wine.
- Another family owned company is Sirlyn wines. It is located in the Dão region. Its background dates back to the fifties of the 20th century, when the first vines were planted and contribute still to total grape production. These wine producers believe in the care of dedication of vineyard handling that allows them to market wines with a minimum of four years old that stimulate the senses in the most agreeable ways with a good price/quality.
- Odisseia wines are wines from DOC Douro and were produced for the first time in 2004 by French winemaker Jean-Hugues Gros. These wines are the perfect expression of the wonderful terroir of Douro Valley and the balance achieved by typical Portuguese grapes as Touriga Nacional and Touriga Franca. The Odisseia wines have been awarded several times by the national and international press.
- Quinta da Casaboa is a winery with a long history in wine producing, it was founded in the XVIII century and is now owned by the third generation of the family. The winery only uses their own grapes which are Touriga Nacional, Alicante Bouschet, Tinta Roriz and Merlot for reds and Alvarinho and Arinto for whites. The wines from Quinta da Casaboa are renowned for being great value for money and have built a reputation for their quality and innovation.
- Monte dos Perdigoes has been blending art with the science of wine since 2001. Handpicked grapes ferment in French oak barrels and in Alentejo marble tanks. With their short and wide geometry, and the help of mechanical pressure and crushing equipment, they increase the extraction of tannins while allowing a notable aromatic expression of the wine.
Plus 27 more outstanding producers!